The Tyler Clementi Foundation (TCF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded by Joseph and Jane Clementi to end bullying through inclusion, assertion of dignity, and acceptance, in order to honor the memory of Tyler: a son, a brother, and a friend. Its mission is to end online and offline bullying in schools, workplaces, and faith communities.
In 2010, Tyler’s death became a global news story, highlighting the impact and consequences of bullying, harassment, and humiliation, while sparking a dialogue among parents, teachers, and students across the country. Tyler’s story also linked to broader issues affecting youth and families such as LGBTQ inequality, safety in schools, youth in crisis, higher education support systems, and cyberbullying.
Through free programs like the Upstander Pledge, #Day1, the Upstander Speaker Series, and Tyler’s Suite, TCF empowers individuals and groups to take a stand against bullying and to create safe spaces where individuals embrace diversity.
Busy development department is seeking an energetic self-starter for the position of Development Associate to provide support to the Director of Development and Executive Director for fundraising campaigns and events. Fundraising efforts will include grant writing, prospect research, and direct mail. There are numerous events throughout the year, including one gala, cultivation receptions, and 3rd party fundraisers.
- Write and submit grants in a timely manner with the assistance of the Development Director and Executive Director
- Manage grant proposal prospect, reporting, and renewal pipeline
- Determine criteria for mailing and communicate to database manager
- Interface with direct mail vendor to coordinate mailings and manage the production timeline
- Assist with writing, editing and drafting copy for letters
- Work with communications team to develop multi-channel outreach, including email and social media campaign, to enhance traditional direct mail, in coordination with the Director of Development
- Process gifts and pledges to ensure prompt data entry
- Prepare pledge reminders, tax receipt letters, and acknowledgement letter
- Assist in special events logistics and overall event execution
- Track invitations, event registration and attendance in the database; Keep accurate RSVP lists and provide key leadership with regular reports
- Attend galas, donor receptions and other special events
- Ensure thank you correspondence are sent in a timely manner
- Provide operational support for a diverse roster of fundraising events
- Research and write profiles to support the cultivation and stewardship of individuals
- Track prospects and donors through monitoring news and online “alerts,” and internal information
- Assist with moves management
- Special projects and administrative support as assigned by the Director of Development
- Field requests for information and direct calls and emails as appropriate
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned
- Represent the foundation in a professional and positive manner
- Prepare precise, well-written, and articulate correspondence
- Support the Director of Development with high standard of work for excellent top donor management
- Bachelor’s degree and related work experience, including communication, marketing, public relations, and/or nonprofit fundraising and development
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office
- Strong writing skills
- Enthusiastic, accurate and extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, as well as time management and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comfort interacting with staff, board of directors, and donors
- Data entry and CRM database experience
- Additional duties as assigned
- Experience working with EveryAction and/or SalesForce donor database;
- 2-3 years’ non-profit fundraising and development experience.
Monday through Friday plus evening and weekend hours for events and meetings, as needed.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Tyler Clementi Foundation. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Tyler Clementi Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented communities to apply, including LGBTQ people, women, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Please read our Diversity Statement: https://tylerclementi.org/diversity-statement/
Salary & Benefits
Generous benefits include:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- EAP from Health Advocate
- 403b retirement plan
- 5 Weeks PTO (combined sick and vacation) per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- WageWorks commuter benefits
- Life insurance (including spouse supplemental)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.