The Tyler Clementi Foundation is actively recruiting a Digital Communications Coordinator to join our fight to end online and offline bullying in schools, workplaces, and faith communities. In 2010, Tyler’s death became a global news story about the consequences of cyberbullying, and it created unprecedented dialogue among parents, teachers, and students across the country. Today, Tyler’s story and the foundation continue to connect broader issues affecting youth through adults, including in the work space and especially in faith communities, the root source of bullying not only against LGBTQ communities, but also women, people of color, immigrants, and many other stigmatized minorities.
The Tyler Clementi Foundation is looking for a digital communications genius who understands the importance of Tyler’s story and the foundation’s programs, and who can facilitate and nurture collaboration among diverse communities and organizations in the digital world to end bullying in all of its forms. Our main office is in New York City, but the ideal candidate will be able to work remotely, with preference given to candidates living in New York City or Washington, D.C.
- Partner with the Public Affairs and Policy Manager to create and execute social media campaigns that advance the organization’s strategic goals.
- Coordinate and create the Tyler Clementi Foundation’s content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets.
- Create and cultivate engaged and active social media communities through responding to messages, moderating comments, and growing the number of followers.
- Work with the team to convert the organization’s social media followers into program participants and donors.
- Collect and analyze metrics to determine the effectiveness of social media content, both paid and organic.
- Execute testing strategies to optimize email and social media campaigns, and assist program staff with maximizing open and click-through rates.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in digital communications for nonprofit organizations.
- Coordinate constituent education, advocacy, and fundraising by email in NGP VAN’s EveryAction CMS and database that advance the communications and development goals of the organization, including building and scheduling outbound email campaigns that include new and engaging content.
- Collect and analyze metrics to determine overall effectiveness of email campaigns and to make recommendations that improve outcomes through A/B testing and other best practices.
- Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of strategies to grow the organization’s email engagement list.
- Coordinate front- and back-end content and administration of the organization’s website using WordPress CMS.
- Work with the Public Affairs and Policy Manager and consultants/contractors to update and redesign the website as needed.
- Assist the Public Affairs and Policy Manager in writing press releases, bios, briefings, press kits, and other collateral, and then post and promote online.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, political science, public administration, or a related field.
- At least one year of experience in digital communications, preferably in an advocacy, political/social campaign, and/or nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrated experience employing social media analytics to develop and evaluate public education, advocacy, and fundraising social media and email campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and editing skills.
- Organization and project management experience, with proven ability to adapt to changing priorities in a news-driven atmosphere.
- Experience developing social media content, including original material, shared material, and current news stories.
- Experience in WordPress CMS and/or NGPVan’s EveryAction highly desirable.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Tyler Clementi Foundation.
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.