About the Tyler Clementi Foundation:
Our mission: The Tyler Clementi Foundation’s mission is to end online and offline bullying in schools, workplaces and faith communities.
The Tyler Clementi Foundation is an organization created by the Clementi family which seeks to prevent bullying through inclusion, assertion of dignity and acceptance as a way to honor the memory of Tyler Clementi: a son, a brother and a friend.
In 2010, Tyler’s story became global news, highlighting the impact and consequences of bullying while sparking dialogue amongst parents, teachers, and students across the country. The story also linked to broader issues impacting youth and families such as LGBT inequality, safety in schools, youth in crisis, higher education support systems, and cyberbullying.
Read Tyler’s story here.
FROM THIS INTERNSHIP YOU WILL: gain valuable non-profit, event planning and fundraising experience. At the end of this internship, the Development Intern will have working knowledge of the donor database EveryAction, general office skills, honed writing skills, the ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities – skills he/she will be able to translate into future career opportunities.
The Development Intern reports to the Director of Development. This is an unpaid internship. The intern will receive necessary training and staff supervision. We require a commitment of 10 – 15 hours/week. Must have your own laptop.
- Assist with editing and proofreading of proposals, solicitations and reports
- Generate and send donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist Development Team with daily office tasks including data entry and database management
- Assist with mailings, and special projects as needed
- Assist with research and outreach for in-kind donations
- Be involved with creative brainstorming on how best to utilize our social media networks
- Provide administrative support and perform other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to the Tyler Clementi Foundation mission
- Previous fundraising experience a plus, not a must
- Strong writing and research skills
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills in dealing with internal and external constituents
- Enjoy working independently as well as a member of a team, and willing to roll up your sleeves on a variety of tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and strong internet skills required
- Donor database experience a plus, not a must
- Standard office setting. Evening and weekend work may be required around event dates.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and dates of availability: Internships@tylerclementi.org
The views or experiences expressed are solely those of the contributor or interview subject and do not represent the views of the Tyler Clementi Foundation, its staff or board. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the material, please contact the Tyler Clementi Foundation, and we appreciate your support and commitment to end bullying starting on #Day1.