The Youth Ambassadors (YA) program emerged to highlight young leaders across America who are working to end all forms of bullying by developing change-making campaigns, organizing fundraisers, and leading activities, on and offline, to help prevent bullying.
In 2019, the Youth Ambassadors will help recruit Upstanders as part of the Million Upstander Movement with the goal of mobilizing over one million #Upstanders nationwide to stand up to bullying by the fall of 2020, marking the 10th anniversary of Tyler’s death.
Learn more about this year’s program below:
- High school-aged youth
- Year-long commitment for 2019
- Model what it means to be an Upstander by treating others with kindness and compassion
- Committed to ending all forms of bullying, harassment and humiliation
- Organize a minimum of two actions to promote the Tyler Clementi Foundation mission which may include implementing #Day1 in their school, launching social media campaigns or developing events/workshops to actively recruit Upstanders, etc.
- Obtain parental/guardian consent in writing to be part of the YA program
- Regular access to a computer, webcam (if possible), and internet
- Regularly attend monthly YA virtual meetings, and/or in person events
- Regularly attend check-in meetings/calls in between monthly YA virtual meetings to receive one-on-one support on YA actions
- Maintain active communication with the Tyler Clementi Foundation staff
- Leadership development and skill-building
- Social media training and support
- Access to bullying prevention resources developed by the Tyler Clementi Foundation
- Ongoing opportunities to share YA story and impact via Tyler Clementi Foundation media channels
- Join a network of like-minded young people committed to making change